Thursday, October 31, 2013

Angry Birds is $50?

An insanely addicting game that YES, I loved at one point too. I downloaded the free demo and once I fell in love shelled out the big buck to get the game on my iPhone. Because it's a dollar who cares? Now ask me if I would have done the same thing if it was $50.



The creator of the game Activision released this statement on Oct. 29th:

"Angry Birds Star Wars is available now for a suggested retail price of $49.99 for Wii U, $39.99 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system, PlayStation®Vita system and Wii, and $29.99 for Nintendo 3DS. The PlayStation®4 system and Xbox One versions will be available for each console’s respective launch in November, both priced at $49.99."

What? It's cool that it's Star Wars themed too, but wait, wasn't that version on the iPhone also?

Personally I think it's just another corporate move to see how much money they can sell something for before people have had enough. And with a brand like Angry Birds, that has become so big and recognizable, there's no doubt in my mind people will be buying this game. Some not even realizing that deep within the app store on their phone, lies the same game. For one dollar.

-CS

No comments:

Post a Comment